- About 5 medium zucchini, to make 8 cups chopped
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (substitute pumpkin pie spice if desired)
- 1⅓ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cold butter, cubed
- Peel the zucchini. Slice them in half lengthwise. Scrape out and discard seeds. Cut the zucchini in thin slices that resemble an apple slice (sort of a crescent moon).
- Combine 8 cups sliced zucchini in a large saucepan with lemon juice, sugar, butter, spices and salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring often. Remove from heat and pour into a greased 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, oats and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the zucchini mixture. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and the zucchini is tender. Serves 15.