- Preheat oven to 375°. Line two heavy baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Beat butter until creamy. Add sugars and beat on medium-high speed until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping sides after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Stir baking soda, cinnamon salt and oats together in a small bowl, then add to butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in raisins. Scrape bowl and beaters and mix again.
- Stir in flour with mixer on low speed. Blend well. Scoop out batter by heaping tablespoons (about 1 ounce) and drop on prepared baking sheets. Allow about 2 inches between each ball of dough. Dust fingers with flour and press on cookies to flatten.
- Bake for 12 to 17 minutes, rotating once halfway through; 12 minutes for softer, chewier cookies and 17 minutes for crisp. Cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
Note: For a gigantic Wallace Station cookie, scoop about 1/3 cup of dough (4 ounces) onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, rotating halfway through.