- 12 to 15 fresh squash blossoms; number used will vary depending on size, so have a few extra on hand.
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all the filling ingredients together except the melted butter. Stuff squash blossoms carefully; don’t overfill. Drizzle the melted butter over blossoms and bake for 15 minutes.
Published with permission from ReneesGarden.com.