- 1 pound tepary beans
- 3–4 cups fresh vegetables. Use a combination of what you like and have fresh from your garden, such as red onion, green onion (with stems), celery, bell peppers, corn, jalepenos or tomatoes
- 1 cup cilantro, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons dried crushed thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
• Cook beans according to instructions. A mix of different colored beans is very attractive in this salad. After cooking, drain and briefly rinse beans with cold water.
• Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well mixed. When beans have cooled, add all chopped veggies and dressing.
• Refrigerate until ready to serve. Flavors will develop best if allowed to sit for several hours.
• This salad can be served as a side dish or over lettuce or cooked wheat berries for a main dish.