- In a bowl, combine masa, flour and salt.
- Add water a bit at a time, stirring, to make a firm but pliable dough. It should be malleable and easy to work with.
- Make 6 balls about the size of a walnut.
- Cut the top and sides off a plastic sandwich bag to make 2 pieces of plastic (plastic wrap is not strong enough for making salbutes). Place one piece of dough between the plastic on a tortilla press or on the counter. Press with the tortilla press or the flat bottom of a skillet until the disk is about 3 inches wide and about 1/8-inch thick. Repeat with remaining dough balls, stacking them separated by plastic wrap. (Make all the dough into disks for freezing, if desired. Do not thaw before cooking, just put them directly in oil.)
- In a wide, deep skillet (or electric skillet), heat oil to about ¾-inch deep. Add patties and cook about 1/2 minute on each side. They will still be blond but should puff. Remove and set on absorbent towels.
- Dice the tomatoes and the basil and combine in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, olive oil and lime and stir gently to mix. Place on top of salbutes. Shave blue cheese on top.