- ½ pound rice noodles, preferably linguine size
- ¼ cup neutral oil, like corn or canola
- 2 cups small broccoli florets and stem pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut in short strips
- 1 pound shredded or cubed cooked turkey, about 4 cups
- ¼ cup chicken broth or water mixed with 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine or white wine
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or other hot sauce
- 2 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 or 4 scallions, trimmed and slivered, for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When it boils, add rice noodles and remove from heat.
Put 3 tablespoon of oil in a wok or wide skillet set over high heat. When oil thins and is very hot, add broccoli and red pepper and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes, just to soften a little. Stir broth and cornstarch and add to pan along with fish sauce, soy sauce, rice wine and hot sauce. Drain noodles in a colander and add to pan along with turkey. Toss to coat all with sauce.
Scrape noodles onto platter. Add the last tablespoon of oil to the pan, heat and add eggs and salt. Stir to scramble, still over high heat. Scatter cooked eggs over noodles and sprinkle with green onions.
Serves 6 to 8