- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen), cooked
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rinse quinoa in running water and place in a small saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until the grains are translucent and the germ is sticking out from each grain. Transfer to a large bowl and chill.
- When cold, add the bell pepper, corn, onion and cilantro. Stir briefly to combine. In a small bowl, stir lime zest, juice, cumin and olive oil with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over quinoa and stir briefly to coat.