- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped green or imported black olives
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped purple onion (or Vidalia onion or other sweet eating onion)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ¼ cup fresh mint, optional
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
Core tomatoes, chop them into small pieces and put them in a medium-sized serving bowl. Add remaining ingredients to bowl, stir to combine.
Best served at room temperature.