- 4 ears corn, shucked, kernels removed
- 6 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped (preferably heirloom varieties)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup basil, julienned
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (preferably Kenny’s Farmhouse Bleu Gouda)
- ½ pound dried penne or fusilli pasta
- Red wine vinaigrette, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- In a medium skillet, dry-roast corn over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Place in a large mixing bowl with tomatoes, garlic, basil and blue cheese. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain thoroughly and rinse with cold water. Add pasta to bowl with corn mixture. Stir to blend ingredients.
- Toss with red wine vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil.
- Makes 1¾ cups.