- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled, chopped Haney’s apples
- ½ cup raisins or chopped dried cherries
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs; add oil, milk and vanilla. Mix well; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the remaining ingredients. Do not over-mix. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups ¾ full. Bake at 375° for 20–25 minutes, or until muffins test done. Makes approximately 18 muffins.
- Want a twist? Make it extra special by folding in 2 cups of grated carrots and ½ cup of flaked coconut.
By Orieda Haney