How one cook joined a long and tasty tradition.
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ½ to ¾ pounds Italian sausage
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomato
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1–2 tablespoons dried oregano
- A few handfuls of Italian parsley, minced
- 2–3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon allspice
- Kosher salt
- Cracked pepper
Brown the onion, garlic, beef and sausage.
Drain any excess liquid and fat. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer on extra low 3 hours.