Quick and easy Middle Eastern recipes to savor and share.
- 2 tablespoons avocado or grapeseed oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef (I use On Tapp Dairy’s Grass-Finished Ground Beef)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baharat spice mix
- 1 cup Naked Hummus
- Sprinkle of pine nuts (optional)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
Heat oil in a sauté pan or pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add ground beef and stir, breaking beef up as it cooks. Add spices to beef mixture and mix well. Spread hummus in a thin layer on a plate and place ground beef mixture in the middle. Sprinkle pine nuts on top; drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.