- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon onions, chopped
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2–3 tablespoons flour (separated)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
• Cut the mushrooms into slices.
• Melt butter in large frying pan. Add onions, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft.
• Blend in 2 tablespoons flour and stir. Add the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently.
• Stir cream with additional 1 tablespoon flour and seasonings. Add cream to soup. Heat to thicken while stirring frequently. Serve and enjoy!