- Make the crumb topping by pulsing the ingredients in a food processor or cutting them together with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture is crumbly. Chill.
- Grease a 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Heat oven to 375°.
- To make the cake, combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. Beat the butter until smooth and fluffy. Add sugar slowly and continue to beat until well mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add about ¾ cup of the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add ½ cup milk and stir to combine. Repeat, ending with the remaining flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Top evenly with mulberries. Sprinkle crumble topping over all and press lightly. Bake 1 hour, or until top of cake is brown. It may jiggle a little in the middle, that’s expected. Serve with cream or vanilla ice cream. Also delicious for breakfast. Makes about 16 servings.
- If using frozen mulberries: Cook 90 minutes.