- Heat oven or gas grill to 400°. Prick eggplants all over. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 60 minutes or until very tender. Rotate them frequently, and let the skin get fully charred. Remove them from the heat and let them rest for about 10 minutes. When they have cooled, remove the skins and discard.
- Mash the cooked pulp with a fork and set aside. Remove skins from tomatoes if desired; coarsely chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Break eggs into a bowl and add garlic, turmeric, paprika, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and whip until frothy. Heat a large skillet with 4 tablespoons oil. Add eggs and cook until your desired level of firmness for scrambled eggs. Remove eggs to serving dish.
- Add remaining oil to pan, heat to shimmering. Add eggplant and tomatoes, season with remaining salt and pepper. Stir and cook until liquid is mostly evaporated. Return eggs to pan, gently stir into the vegetables until thoroughly mixed in. Remove to serving dish, serve immediately, or let cool and refrigerate for up to three days.
- Can be gently reheated or served cold or at room temperature.