- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup high-quality mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon vinegar or pickle juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender (a paring knife inserted in the potatoes should slide in easily). Remove, drain and cool.
- Put eggs in a small saucepan and cover them with water. Place uncovered on high heat and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and remove from heat. Let stand 20 minutes. Rinse in cold water and peel.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar, and pepper. Peel potatoes and cut them into ½-inch (or so) cubes, adding them to mayonnaise as you do. Chop eggs and add them. Add celery. Stir to coat all with mayonnaise.