- 1 pound radishes, shredded or julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch smoked paprika, optional
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
• Sprinkle the salt over the radish and toss well to coat evenly. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes, until the radishes have softened and released some liquid.
• Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients except sesame seeds in a medium bowl and mix well.
• Rinse radishes and squeeze to release excess liquid. Add to bowl with vinegar mix and stir to coat well.