- 2 small cans of great northern beans, rinsed
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoon Tamari sauce
- 2–3 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add garlic, rosemary, sage and pepper. Cook slowly for a few minutes.
- Add Tamari sauce and nutritional yeast and stir until mixed.
- Add water and great northern beans (rinsed well) or you may substitute with a can of pinto beans.
- Bring to slow boil and simmer for about 10 minutes and remove from heat. Warm before serving.