- 1 brioche bun, toasted
- 2 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons chorizo sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce fried Tortilla Strips
- 2 tablespoons Salsa Verde
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro Cream
- 1 flour tortilla, burrito-size
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds fresh tomatillos
- ½ ounces fresh cilantro
- ½ pound yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Sandwich: Split brioche bun in half with serrated bread knife. Spread 1 tablespoon butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. Toast on griddle. Brush egg pan with 1 tablespoon butter and heat to medium-high. Scramble eggs with chorizo. Place cheddar cheese on chorizo eggs and melt. Place egg mixture on bottom bun. Top with tortilla strips. Add spoonsful of cilantro cream and salsa verde on top of tortilla strips. Top with other half of bun.
Tortilla Strips: Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut tortilla into ½ -inch strips; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer; bake until golden brown and crisp, turning halfway through, 8–10 minutes. Let cool.
Salsa Verde: Fire roast tomatillos on grill. Toss garlic, onions and ½ of the jalapeños in olive oil. Oven roast oiled veggies and fired-roasted tomatillos in oven on a sheet pan until soft. When tomatillos are roasted and veggies are soft, add remaining ingredients and hand purée.
Cilantro Cream: In a small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, cilantro and lime juice together. Mix thoroughly; season with salt and pepper.