Grilled chicken is a summer mainstay and an easy grain/vegetable side dish, such as broccoli wheat berry risotto, provides a seasonal meal.
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (3½-pound, or so) chicken, cut into serving pieces
• Combine garlic, oregano, rosemary and oil in a large zip-top plastic bag; season with salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces, seal bag and turn to coat. Chill at least 1 hour or up to several days.
• Prepare grill for medium heat. Put thighs and drumsticks on the grill, cover and grill 10 minutes. Add white meat to the grill, skin side down. Grill, covered and turning once or twice, until golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes for breast and wings; 35 minutes for drumsticks and thigh.
Serves 4 to 8