- Wash spinach or other greens well and set them aside on a towel. Mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly colored. If spinach leaves (or other greens) are large, remove obvious stems and cut the greens in ribbons. If your spinach is small and tender, add it straight to the skillet along with salt. Cook several minutes to wilt completely, stirring occasionally. If you are using larger, tougher leaves like kale, add water or broth and cover the pot, simmering 15 minutes or so to tenderize them. Make sure greens are dry before adding them to quiche (squeeze the leaves or make sure all moisture has evaporated).
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat goat cheese until softened or broken up. Add 1 egg and beat well to combine. Beat in remaining eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl each time. Add milk and cayenne.
- Spread spinach around the bottom of the piecrust. Add cheese mixture to fill up the pie pan — don’t fill it too full.
- Place quiche in the oven and cook 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F. Cook 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.