- 1 pound bacon
- 2 tablespoons honey (I am partial to a local honey — T. C. Fisher’s, that I get at the Bardstown Road Farmers’ Market. It has a lovely clear floral flavor, great for use in all kinds of dishes.)
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Cayenne pepper — up to ¼ teaspoon if you like things pretty spicy. I just use a generous dash on mine.)
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
• Preheat oven to 375°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange the bacon slices on the paper in a single layer.
• In a heatproof small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the honey, coriander and cayenne. Microwave for 20 seconds. Brush the spiced honey on 1 side of the bacon and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer, depending on thickness and fattiness of the bacon, until sizzling and browned.
• Be sure to check for doneness after 5 minutes, as it goes from still rather raw to burned VERY fast. Transfer the bacon to paper towels, glazed side up, to drain and cool slightly. Serve while still warm.