- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (or so) sweet pickle juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Cut hardboiled eggs in half.
- Mash the yolks until smooth. Moisten with ¼ cup mayonnaise and a little sweet pickle juice. Season with salt and cayenne.
- Fill the whites with filling and chill.
- To hard cook the eggs: Put the eggs in a heavy saucepan and cover them with about an inch of water. Bring the water to a boil, cover the pan and remove from heat. Let the eggs stand 20 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.