- 4 slices local sandwich bread (Wiltshire Sourdough Wheat recommended)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced ham such as prosciutto (Red Hog Butcher selection recommended)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced salami (Red Hog Butcher selection recommended)
- 4 ounces Kenny’s Farmhouse Nena cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mini pickled veggies, such as pearl onions and cornichons
Spread mayonnaise on outer side of each slice of bread. Smooth Dijon mustard over inner side of each slice of bread and drizzle with honey. Divide ham in half and layer on bottom slice of each sandwich. Top ham with Nena cheese and layer salami on top of the cheese. Top salami with parmesan cheese and then cover with top slice of bread.
Warm a cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot. Add butter and, once melted, transfer sandwiches to the pan. Weight sandwiches down with a heavy-bottomed pot and cook, flipping once, until bread has browned and cheese has melted, approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Using a serrated knife, remove crusts from sandwiches and slice each sandwich into 4 squares. Use a toothpick to secure cornichon and onion to top of sandwich and serve warm.