- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or a combination of half all-purpose and half whole-wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle or can of your favorite beer
- ⅓ cup melted butter (divided)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter the bottoms and sides of a 12-cup muffin pan. Sift the dry ingredients together, preferably twice.
- Pour the beer into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk until uniformly moist. Add ¼ cup melted butter and whisk it in until all is well incorporated. Batter will be a little lumpy and very thick and sticky. Spoon into the prepared muffin pan, and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, the muffins should have risen well and started to form a nice crust. Brush the remaining melted butter on the muffin tops and place the pan back in the oven for 15 more minutes or until your desired level of brown. Makes 12 muffins.
- Eat them immediately! They are wonderful with honey or sorghum.