- 1 and ½ pounds local grassfed ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 and ½ tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- ½ cup Ale-8-One ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in skillet over medium heat. Remove from heat and drain excess fat.
- Stir in flour and mix well. Cook for about 2 minutes over medium heat, then add remaining ingredients. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. To make the mixture extra sloppy, add more Ale-8-One as needed. Serve warm on sturdy buns.